Feel like a failure? Wonder how you’re ever going to keep moving forward? We have ALL been there.
Failure is inevitable, suffering from failure is optional.
Admittedly I just altered my usual statement that “pain is inevitable, suffering is optional” and it yet this still holds true.
No judgement here, at all, btw. I’m not taking anything away from the fact that the pain from failure (especially massive or repeated failures) is gut-wrenching.
I’ve been there.
On multiple occasions.
And I’ve learned that the only thing that perpetuates my pain (into suffering) is an inability to understand it for what it is: a growth opportunity.
Because I’ve spent a lifetime learning from my own failings I’ve made it my mission to redefine failure in the hearts and minds of every person out there who is tired of beating themselves up for simply being human.
I believe the moment you embrace your mistakes as gifts is the moment you will be empowered to not only find the work you’re meant to do on this planet but to create a life around that purpose.
Fear of failure tethers the soul to tedium. Once you know you’re meant for better things in life the pain of sitting still becomes far greater than the pain of falling down on your way to greatness.
[Tweet theme=”basic-border”]Fear of failure tethers the soul to tedium. ~Triffany Hammond[/Tweet]Hopefully these quotes on failure will help you remember that your mistakes are proof of your efforts. The best way to heal from your hurt is to use it to your advantage.
**Find a pared down GIF set over at YourTango, too!**
“Buck up, li’l camper.” Quotes to inspire you through your worst of times
1) Far better is it to dare might things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure…than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat. ~ Theodore Roosevelt
2) I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying. ~Michael Jordan
[Tweet theme=”tweet-box-shadow”]I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying. ~Michael Jordan[/Tweet]3) [Tweet theme=”tweet-string-underlined”]Failure is the key to success; each mistake teaches us something. ~Morihei Ueshiba[/Tweet]4) [Tweet theme=”tweet-string-underlined”] Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. ~Edison [/Tweet]5) It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default. ~J.K. Rowling,
8) You are capable of more than you know. Choose a goal that seems right for you and strive to be the best, however hard the path. Aim high. Behave honorably. Prepare to be alone at times, and to endure failure. Persist! The world needs all you can give. ~E.O. Wilson
9) [Tweet theme=”tweet-string-underlined”]An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail. ~Edwin Land[/Tweet]10) Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday. ~Wilma Rudolph
11) [Tweet theme=”tweet-string-underlined”]Failures, repeated failures, are finger posts on the road to achievement. One fails toward success. ~C.S. Lewis[/Tweet][Tweet theme=”tweet-box-shadow”]Failures, repeated failures, are finger posts on the road to achievement. One fails toward success. ~C.S. Lewis[/Tweet]12) Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out. ~Benjamin Franklin
13) Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit. ~Napoleon Hill
14) Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be. ~John Wooden
15) You make mistakes. Mistakes don’t make you. ~Maxwell Maltz
[Tweet theme=”tweet-box-shadow”]You make mistakes. Mistakes don’t make you. ~Maxwell Maltz[/Tweet]16) It is wise to keep in mind that neither success nor failure is ever final ~Roger Babson
(are you emotionally attached to a singular version of “success?” What is possible for the person who broadens their view of “success?” What is possible once you understand (and enjoy) the fact that there’s no option to arrive at success and just dial it in?)
17) Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end. Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing. ~Denis Waitley
18) It’s best to have failure happen early in life. It wakes up to the Phoenix bird in you so you rise from the ashes. ~Anne Baxter
19) [Tweet theme=”tweet-string-underlined”]They who have conquered doubt and fear have conquered failure. ~James Allen[/Tweet]20) Success is not built on success. It’s built on failure. it’s built on frustration. Sometimes It’s built on catastrophe. ~Sumner Redstone
[Tweet theme=”tweet-box-shadow”]Success is not built on success. It’s built on failure. …Sometimes it’s built on catastrophe. ~Sumner Redstone[/Tweet]21) I’ve come to believe that all my past failure and frustration were actually laying the foundation for the understanding that have created the new level of living I now enjoy. ~Tony Robbins
22) The greatest glory in living lies not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
23) [Tweet theme=”tweet-string-underlined”]The season of failure is the best time for sowing the seeds of success. ~Paramahansa Yogananda[/Tweet]24) Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure. ~Soichiro Honda
[Tweet theme=”tweet-box-shadow”]Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure. ~Soichiro Honda[/Tweet]
Most of all remember that you alone get to find the meaning in your life experiences.
There are times we all feel the devastation of our mistakes, that’s human, painful and, with loving acceptance, a dark kind of lovely. With loving consciousness your hardships serve your well-being, not detract from it. Like the germs necessary for a built immunity, your trials strengthen you from the inside out. It is your willingness to grow instead of harden, that allow the pains of your life to do their best work in you so that ultimately, you will bring your great works to the world with courage and wisdom.
Share this with anyone who feels knocked around.
Tweet a quote that resonates with you (chances are good someone else needs it too).
When you’re ready to learn the tools that help you take advantage of your perceived failures, when you’ve had enough of the old baggage and bullshit stories, when you are ready to take control of your life by taking control of your Self ~ sign up for the next F.A.I.L* to Win (*For All Is Love) Self Empowerment course